September 21, 2015
How public support of the Dell Medical School is transforming health care in Travis County
The 2015 Community Benefit Report is the first annual update to Travis County taxpayers on the ways the 2012 Proposition 1 election, which includes funding for the Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin, is directly contributing to the health of our Central Texas community.
The 2015 report was delivered by Dr. Clay Johnston, dean of the Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin, and Patricia A. Young Brown, president & CEO of Central Health, on Thursday, Sept. 17.
A copy of the report is available to download as a PDF below.
Highlights of the Report
￼Promises made, promises kept
Voters approved Proposition 1 in 2012 to support:
- The University of Texas at Austin’s first medical school—Dell Medical School
- Health care improvements for our most vulnerable residents
￼Return to taxpayers
- Improved health care outcomes
- Innovative health care delivery models
- Create pipeline of local doctors
- Increased interaction with Central Health target population