Welcome to MAP. We’re happy you’re here.
As a new member, you are now connected to local dentists, pharmacies, and specialists who are dedicated to your care.
How to Read your MAP or MAP Basic Card
MAP Basic Card
Your MAP or MAP Basic card has a lot of useful information about your membership and services you receive. Take a minute to learn more.
ID#: Your unique ID number
Group: Your MAP or MAP Basic plan number
EFF: The date your health care services start. Stands for “effective”
PCP: The name of your Primary Care Provider or clinic
Copay: Your part of the bill for your health care services; the amount you need to pay.
RX: Pharmacy / prescription
OP: Outpatient (you do not stay in the hospital overnight)
IP: Inpatient (you stay in the hospital overnight)
ER: Emergency Room
EXP: The date your membership expires.
DOB: Your date of birth
Renewing Your Membership
How do I renew?
Renewing your MAP or MAP Basic membership is easy.
To see when your coverage expires, check your MAP or MAP Basic membership card.
- GATHER the documents you need.
- SUBMIT your application online or call 512-978-8130 to get started.
- OR You can also apply in-person at various locations across Travis County. Please call 512-978-8130 to schedule an appointment.
- WATCH for important communications from Central Health. These can include mailed letters, phone calls, emails, or text messages.
What documents do I need?
When you apply for your MAP or MAP Basic renewal, you’ll need to gather some important documents:
- Proof of Travis County residency (one of below)
- Apartment lease agreement
- Utility bill
- Monthly mortgage statement
- Deed or title document
- Proof of income from the last 30 days (one of below)
- Pay stub(s)
- Bank statement(s)
- Photo ID (one of below)
- Texas driver’s license
- Texas identification card
- U.S. passport
- Proof of U.S. Residency (one of below)
- U.S. passport
- Birth certificate
If you are an undocumented resident, you can self-declare residency during your application process.