Web Site Notice
Electronic Mail Notice
The only personal information we collect from you is information that you choose to provide to Central Health. Information you send to or receive from Central Health through electronic mail is considered “public information” subject to the requirements of the Texas Public Information Act, Government Code chapter 552. Written communications with Central Health are considered public information as information collected, assembled, or maintained in connection with the transaction of official business by a governmental body. Central Health will strive to exempt from disclosure any personal information through applicable State and Federal law. The e-mail addresses of most members of the public who communicate with Central Health are confidential under Texas law. Exceptions to confidentiality may be reviewed at Texas Government code, Section 552.137. The Central Health does not sell or lease personal information.
For Additional Information on Privacy
Central Health is committed to making its Web site accessible to all users. To make the site more accessible, we include several features designed to improve accessibility for users with disabilities. Some of these features are described below. A descriptive text equivalent is provided for images and other non-text elements, aiding users who listen to the content of the site by using a screen reader rather than reading the site. Major reports and other publications that are on the Web site are generally available in HTML or other accessible format. When publishing a document in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF), we will also post an accessible version.
Central Health is committed to making its Web site accessible according to the standards set forth by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). To improve the accessibility of our Web site, we use various tools for site validation, including Bobby and W3C, and it is our goal to achieve the highest level of accessibility attainable.
Central Health welcomes comments on how to improve the site’s accessibility for users with disabilities. If you use assistive technology and the format of any material on our Web site interferes with your ability to access the information, please contact Central Health at (512) 978-8000. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the Web address of the requested material, and your contact information.
Additional information about accessibility programs in Texas is available from the Governor’s Committee on People with Disabilities at http://www.governor.state.tx.us/disabilities/.
Organizations and individuals (the site owners) are encouraged to link to Central Health information subject to the requirements set forth in this policy. Advance permission is not required before linking. Links should be made using the appropriate base URL of www.centralhealth.net or such other URL as Central Health may use. Because Central Health may change subpages at any time without notice, the site owner should routinely verify links to Central Health’s subpages.
Central Health has no restrictions on linking to our site except the following:
1) No fee shall be charged to access our material.
2) Site owners may not capture Central Health pages within the site owner’s frames, present District Web site content as that of the site owner, otherwise misrepresent the content of Central Health’s pages or misinform users about the origin or ownership of the content of Central Health Web site.
3) Any link to Central Health’s Web site should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to Central Health’s Web site unencumbered. The BACK button should return the visitor to the site owner’s site if the visitor wishes to back out.
4) Although the content of Central Health’s Web site is available to the public, certain information on some of Central Health’s Web site may be trademarked, service marked, or otherwise protected as Central Health’s intellectual property, and all content is protected by Federal copyright laws. Use of protected intellectual property must be in accordance with federal and state law and must reflect the copyright, trademark, service mark or other intellectual property ownership of Central Health.
5) Site owners should not link to individual District graphics or tables within Central Health’s pages, especially in an effort to place the downloading burden on Central Health’s servers. Such an action may be considered a misuse of District resources.
6) Site owners should contact Central Health to request permission to use a copy of Central Health’s graphics within the site owner’s pages.
The information provided on this Web site does not necessarily represent the official position or views of the Central Health Board of Managers or Central Health. Nothing on this Web site is either a legal reference or a complete statement of the laws or administrative rules of Central Health. In any conflict between this information and Texas laws or administrative rules, the laws and administrative rules shall prevail. Users of this Web site are urged to seek confirmation of critical information before relying on it.
Central Health provides links to other Web sites outside this Web site. These links are provided as a convenience to visitors of Central Health’s Web site. Outside Web sites are not under the control of Central Health, and you access an outside Web site at your own risk. Central Health is not responsible for the accuracy, currency, and completeness of the information or reliability of services on an outside Web site. Inclusion of a link to an outside Web site on Central Health’s Web site does not constitute endorsement of the outside Web site by Central Health or an obligation by the outside Web site to place a reciprocal link to Central Health’s Web site. Any mention of vendors, products, or services is for informational purposes only.