Not Eligible for the Medical Access Program (MAP)?

There are various resources that can provide assistance on accessing local, state, and federal health coverage programs.

If you are located in Travis County, call 2-1-1 to receive personal assistance or 1-877-541-7905 for any other areas.

Local Assistance Programs

Central Health partners with various clinics that offer assistance to those in need.

If you are in the need of assistance more than just health care, below you will find some options we recommend:

  • Aunt Bertha an online social services directory that can help with food assistance, paying bills, and other free or reduced cost programs.
  • Foundation Communities a local nonprofit providing affordable, attractive homes and free on-site support services, including healthcare for families with kids, as well as veterans, seniors, and individuals with disabilities.


A sliding fee scale is a model for payments administered to patients. The scale is intended for individuals who can’t afford care to begin with, including those at a lower income level, and self-payers.

State Assistance Programs

The state of Texas has various options for assistance programs that assist on accessing health coverage, for more information click on the links below.

Federal Assistance Programs

The government offers options on how to access health coverage for those in need. Below are a couple of recommendations to consider: